‘Still Cooking’ is a therapeutic cooking program for hospice patients. Cooking is a means of creative expression; remembering a happier time, maintaining independence or developing a sense of self-worth. Our hospice patients enjoy remembering special recipes they made for their families before their illness became debilitating. ‘Still Cooking’ can also double as group therapy. Cooking allows patients to share stories and recipes they made during healthier times.
Benefits of ‘Still Cooking’
- Sense of value / accomplishment
- Provide a sense of reminisce
- Provide a sense of contributing
- Enhance mental, social and emotional health
- Develop competence, self-esteem and self-worth
- Gain a sense of independence
- Nurturing through food
- Provide opportunities for social interaction
- Provide emotional release
- Experience pleasure, life satisfaction and enhance the quality of life.